Our Headquarter in Oberkirch, Germany, is home to the Group‘s high-tech centre of excellence. It is here that we develop the innovative products and processes that serve as a Benchmark for the other Locations. In the span of the almost 100-year history, PWO AG has become one of the world's leaders in the development and production of sophisticated metal components and subsystems in the field of lightweight construction.
Since March 2016, Progress-Werk Oberkirch AG (PWO) has been certified as an "Authorized Economic Operator" (AEO) of the European Union for customs simplification/safety (AEO-F). This identifies PWO as a particularly reliable and trustworthy partner (Authorized Economic Operator), enabling it to take advantage of special concessions granted within the framework of the customs clearance process.
These include, inter alia:
- Fewer physical and document-based controls (all forms of AEO).
- Higher-priority examination of consignments which need to be checked (all forms of AEO).
- When an application is made to have the utilization of simplifications under customs law approved, the prerequisites checked when the AEO certificate was originally issued are not checked for a second time (for AEO-C and AEO-F).
- Reduced dataset for the transmission of summary entry and exit declarations (for AEO-S and AEO-F).
- Prior notification of impending checks (for AEO-S and AEO-F).
- Improved customs cooperation.
- Recognition of AEO status as a quality characteristic (trustworthy business partner).
Progress-Werk Oberkirch AG
Tel.: +49 (7802) 84-0
Fax: +49 (7802) 84-273
Access VIA Main Building/Registered Office For visitors and Customers
Truck access VIA Gate 1 for logistic service Providers and other Service providers